Sunday, August 19, 2012





Where to begin. It has been a long day (two days?). I left my house for a year yesterday and got on a plane that would eventually take me to where I am sitting right now. Colombia. Thanks to my parents, the Northfield Rotary club and many others who have helped along the way, I will be an exchange student here for ten months. If you know me you know I'm kind of a procrastinator. Which would make sense when I say I didn't start packing until the night before I left. But I got most of what I needed for a year into two suitcases (and 
two very large carry ons). My flights went well, it just took a while to get here. But here I am now sitting outside in the sunshine looking forward to an amazing year. When I arrived I was greeted by my host family and some members of the Rotary club here. Everyone was very welcoming and most importantly helped me with my bags, my arms are a little sore. After that they took me to their club (it has tennis golf swimming pools and a gym. And probably more that I couldn't understand) and I had a delicious breakfast(?). Steak and french fries. And the steak came with an avocado dip that made it taste even better. I think I will have no problem liking the food here. Surprising tidbit. I had coffee afterwords and actually liked it. After traveling for a day, the food (and coffee)hit the spot. Then we went back to my new home, which is gorgeous. I get my own room with two beds to choose from. They have a pool which I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of my time. They have two (three?) cats. I think I just saw another one I have never seen before. I could get used to life here. My host mom also told me that in October we would be going to Bogota for a week. Score. Things are going great so far and I can't wait to meet all the other exchange students and see what else this year has in store.





No comments:

Post a Comment